Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cruising

A quick hint for anyone wanting to work through The Adventure of Link: level up - Make sure as you go through dungeons that you level up at least once in each dungeon before you beat the final boss of that dungeon.  After you beat the boss you automatically level up again, so following this strategy makes the going so much easier.  If you do this it's pretty easy to max out your levels well before the final dungeon.  I remember being so frustrated as a kid by how hard this game is, but when you make sure to level up it actually is much easier than I remember.  Right now I've beat dungeons 1-5, and I'm almost done with level 6, which means all I'll have left pretty soon is level 7.  Likewise Zach is cruising through A Link to the Past, and between the two of us we are pretty much beating a dungeon a day.  Hopefully my next post will be about beating The Adventure of Link.

One more thought about Zelda II for tonight:  What is up with the young women in each town who offer to "help you" and invite you to "come inside" their homes to "restore your health".  My childhood innocence is shattered, I always thought Link was a one woman man.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention to check out this walkthrough over at strategywiki if you need help getting through Zelda II.  It's much more informative than the one on Nintendo's website. Yes, I'm using a walkthrough.  No, I'm not proud.  We're trying to get through these by the end of NOVEMBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment